Monday, August 18, 2008

Mera Bharat Kahaan?

I was really moved by Shobha De's article in Sunday Times. Its about the diverse emotions we have. Its great to see an Indian bagging a Gold in Olympics. 1 medal - 1.1 billion smiles! Finally we have something to cheer for. We have been really busy celebrating success of Vinitas, Kalpanas and many other people with remote Indian roots. I feel we have become overly celebrative or may be there are too less idols left here. I am not saying we should not but there should be a sensible limit.

What shocked me most is our CM announcing Rs. 10 lakhs to Bindra who is already a billionaire. I still do not know where does Maharashtra come into this and why should he give him award from State fund? I salute to Bindra's Gold but don't we have so many projects pending here due to less funds. Don't we need to channelize our money and energy at the places where its really needed? Why not donate that money to open a shooting academy that will create more Bindras?

Oops...I almost forgot...correct me if I m wrong...Hockey is still our National game and as per Indian Hockey academy, they are in dearth need of funds to provide best facilities and coaching to the team... Knock-Knock! You there Mr. CM?

2 comments:

anagha said...

tats a gr8 start siddharth, cheers! keep blogging!!

Sandya said...

good job Siddy... putting ur thots down is simply superb...but remember not to go overboard wit too much action.. ahem ahem.. all the best and have fun!!

- Sandhya